Help us celebrate National Library Week!
Be creative and complete the duck. (Print your own page or stop by the library and pick one up!) This is open to all ages. Please return by Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 5:00 pm to be eligible for prizes. If you have any questions please call the library at 970-522-2023.
Sterling Public Library is happy to welcome you back. The library will open on Friday, June 26, 2020. We have received approval under the most recent Public Health Order to open to the public, no appointment necessary. Our hours will be Monday – Friday 9 am – 6 pm. Beginning September 13th the library will open on Sunday from 1 pm - 5 pm.
Below are things you need to know about resuming services at the library:
- The first hour of each day (9 am – 10 am) is reserved for vulnerable members of our community. (older population and those with high risk illnesses)
- We will be limited to a maximum of 50 people in the building at a time. Modifications have been made throughout the library to help patrons and staff social distance (6 feet between people). To help with social distancing all seating has been removed.
- Our curbside services will continue Monday – Friday from 10 am to 5:45 pm.
- All materials must be returned in the drive up book drop. Staff will not be able to accept returns at the circulation desk.
- Computers will need to be reserved. You may call the library at 522-2023 to make a reservation. Use will begin at the top of the hour and last no more than 45 minutes. You must begin your use by 5 minutes after the hour or you will lose your reservation. You may use the computer only once a day. Reservations will be made no more than 3 days out. Computers will be cleaned before the next reservation.
- Regular sanitation will occur throughout the day. Please keep in mind that while we are disinfecting highly used surfaces regularly, we cannot guarantee a sterile environment.
- Masks are required while in the library. If you are experiencing symptoms, please do not come in.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the past months. The library staff looks forward to seeing everyone again.
The Sterling Public Library is located at 420 N. 5th Street in Sterling, Colorado. The library's mailing address is PO Box 4000. The library's phone number is 970-522-2023. The fax number is 970-522-2657. The library does NOT do public faxing.
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 1 pm - 5:00 pm
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. is reserved for the vulnerable population (older population and those with high-risk illness.)
Library Card – A card is required to borrow materials, and will be issued with proper identification and current address verification. A parent signature is required for children 17 years old and younger.
Sterling Public Library Holiday Closings
- New Year’s Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving (Thu – Fri)
- Christmas Day
You can also find us on Facebook!